The Rox Blog

fredag, april 22, 2005

Corps Day

Today we kicked off the first blog/newsletter/reflection committee check-in for the corps. Nary posed a question to the corps: what is one change that you have made at your site, and how did it go? I think the corps really got into the question, and it sounds like there's a lot of great stuff going on.

I talked about how I had put the rules on the desktop at Skyline, and how some teens were complaining about all the stuff you couldn't do in the lab. I told them that it was against the rules to have fun, and one of the teens closed his web browser and pointed to the rules, arguing that nowhere on there did it say "no having fun". I said, "you got me- I guess you can have fun... as long as you follow all the other rules!" I feel that it was a win-win situation.

Also, after the ICC Spring Fun Day, we had a civic engagement training- because no one knew what constituted civic engagement or how many we had to do. It was very informative, even though Kim, who had a bulk of the presentation, was sick and couldn't come. Good work, Pa Chua and Kristen!!!