The Rox Blog

lørdag, april 23, 2005

CHH Earth Day Clean-up

Well, keeping with my new tradition of forgetting the most important papers when I go to work, I forgot the awesome stickers (okay I just printed labels... but they are cool! They say "Official Clean-up Kid" and have little pictures on them- in color!) at my house. I'll have to give them to the kids on Monday.

The clean-up project itself was AWESOME! We had a ton of kids come down (maybe... 12?) and some adult residents (5 or 6) cleaning up trash, raking leaves, and making things look nice. The best things we found: a dead squirrel, $5 monopoly money, one dollar real money, half a barbie, and tv cable. Faith's friend Danielle from WA came and taught the kids how to weed and they pulled out tons of trees from the gardens. Guess no one had weeded in a long time...

We celebrated with donuts, coffee and juice in the Advantage Center afterward, and I took cute pics of all the kids cleaning. An overwhelming success! YES, Earth Day!