The Rox Blog

onsdag, april 27, 2005

Volunteer Pizza Party

Yesterday we had a huge pizza party for volunteers and their guests here at Skyline. James, Wendy, Mikaela, Chelsea and I spent all day getting ready- we had bulletin boards for the youth program and the computer lab with all kinds of pictures of the kids and volunteers, I made a bulletin board for our National Youth Service Day, James and I made cards for our volunteers with pictures of the kids and their quotes inside. The quotes are great:

“I like volunteers because they come from their home for no reason to help me.” -Ahmed
“Volunteers work hard without getting paid. Volunteers help me with computers and homework. That’s all.”-Mohamed
“I think volunteers are good in here because they help people with their Plato and I’m tired…”-Abdulmalik

Two of the kids, Abdul and Huy, came to the party and taught the guests how to make paper cranes. Huy said that the secret to making paper cranes is HAVE PATIENCE. I would guess that's a secret to a lot of things.

We all had pizza from Pizza Luce and made cranes and James and his dad played music... it was so much fun! But today it's back to work. At least it's nice out, rainy and cold... oh wait that's not rain. It's snow. Good thing I biked today.